[Cbe-oss-dev] [patch 01/18] cell: add per BE structure with info about its SPUs

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Mon Apr 30 18:40:07 EST 2007

Andre,

> * number of reserved (non scheduleable) spus.

Do we actually need this information?

As far as I can tell, the only thing we use the reserved_spus variable
for is in spufs_assert_affinity(), and I'm not convinced that the check
there is really necessary (however, it's not doing any harm...). The
NOSCHED contexts may be as short-lived as the normal ones, and the SPEs
may be be available for use when needed.

I'm not vetoing this, just asking for more info :)

Cheers,

Jeremy