[Cbe-oss-dev] [STATUS] linux-2.6.18-arnd3

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Oct 11 01:05:45 EST 2006

I've uploaded a new 2.6.18-arnd3 release and I think it's useful
to briefly go through its contents so everyone understands what's
left to be merged and why:

patches/netdev.git
patches/netdev-fix.diff
patches/powerpc.git
patches/powerc-merge1.git
patches/powerc-merge2.git
patches/powerc-merge3.git

These are patches I pulled in from other trees, mostly because
they had patches that we need merged earlier.

patches/spidernet-burstsize.diff
patches/spidernet-low-watermark.diff
patches/spidernet-queue-empty-print.diff
patches/spidernet-version.diff

Updates to the spidernet driver. These now get submitted directly
by the maintainer (Jim Lewis) to the netdev tree.

patches/cell-timebase-workaround.diff

Currently under discussion, some form of it should get merged
into 2.6.19.

patches/spufs-fixme.diff
patches/spufs-cntl-readwrite-fix.diff
patches/spufs-fix-nonnuma-node-id.diff
patches/spufs-status-spelling-fix.diff

Bug fixes in spufs, I'm planning to submit these for inclusion
in 2.6.19. The first one needs an actual implementation first
though, and I expect more fixes to come.

patches/spufs-create-isolated-2.diff
patches/spufs-isolated-loader-2.diff

Isolation mode for SPUs is a new feature and came too late for
2.6.19, I'm planning to submit it for 2.6.20.

patches/cbe-regs-update-2.diff
patches/cbe-regs-update-bitfields.diff
patches/cbe-regs-shadow.diff
patches/cbe-pmu-regs.diff
patches/spu-add-attributes-2.diff
patches/cpu-add-attributes.diff
patches/cell-thermal-support-3.diff
patches/prom-extern-function-2.diff
patches/cell-cpufreq-support-2.diff

Performance monitoring and thermal management (cpufreq). This
is work-in-progress but should be done in time for 2.6.20.

patches/nodeaware-netdev-2.diff
patches/nodeaware-skb_alloc.diff
patches/nodeaware-spidernet.diff

Some performance enhancements for the network stack that
we hope to be beneficial on the cell blade. Part of it
is merged already, the rest will need to be reworked.

patches/systemsim-2.6.18.diff
patches/systemsim-cell_defconfig.diff

Support for the IBM full system simulator. This will not be
merged, instead a future version of systemsim will hopefully
not need these patches any more. This one is maintained on
git://kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ericvh/systemsim.git.

patches/dd2-performance.diff
patches/dd2-hack-runlatch-hack.diff
patches/ib-max_rbc_rrs.diff

Old stuff that we have in order to run on obsolete systems.
These will be dropped in the future.

patches/powerpc-pci-scan-2.diff
patches/powerpc-generic-dcr.diff
patches/axon-mpic.diff
patches/axon-mpic-fix.diff
patches/axon-base-2.diff
patches/axon-dcr-2.diff
patches/axon-dcr-sparse.diff
patches/axon-ibm_emac-2.diff

New hardware support, work in progress. 2.6.20 or later probably.

	Arnd <><