[Cbe-oss-dev] spu question

Arnd Bergmann arnd.bergmann at de.ibm.com
Tue Oct 10 23:54:15 EST 2006

On Tuesday 10 October 2006 15:44, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> > agreed. Are you recommending modifying spe_getgroup_max() <spelling>
> > in the library to return the number of 'available' spus instead of
> > the current hardcoded value (16).
>
> I think we finally did that in a recent libspe change. At least, it
> has been planned to be done for a long time. Since you bring it up
> again, I noticed that we may have a problem

Hmm, should have finished that sentence before hitting the send button...

I noticed we may have a problem on the hypervisor, because it does
not necessarily have the SPUs in the device tree, so we can't easily
put them into /sys/devices/system/spus either.

I wonder what we can do about this. Can we probe anything about what
SPUs are available to Linux without other than attempting to use them?
Or can we simply assume we have a fixed number of them by faking them
in the flattened device tree?

	Arnd <><