[Cbe-oss-dev] [FYI 24/27] ps3: storage driver

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Wed Nov 29 23:41:51 EST 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 November 2006 05:13, Geoff Levand wrote:
> >   PS3 Virtual SCSI storage driver
>
> What are your plans for this driver in the long run? I noticed that
> the lv1 interface is not really using SCSI commands, so it may
> be simpler to have a block driver instead of a SCSI driver for this.

Maybe...

Are there any disadvantages of using a block driver instead?
E.g. the internal disk interface is SATA, which supports hotplug (in theory, I
don't know whether the actual SATA hardware and the HV support hotplugging the
disk).

> I'm also curious about the flash part of this. Are you using that
> only to access the internal NAND flash, or also for the Memory Stick,
> CompactFlash and SD/MMC media?

The PS3 storage driver is used for HD, CD/DVD/BD, and 4 MiB of internal flash.

Memory Stick, CompactFlash and SD/MMC media are on the USB bus.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe (NSCE)
Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com ------- The Corporate Village, Da Vincilaan 7-D1