[Cbe-oss-dev] [FYI 27/27] ps3: defconfig update

Geert Uytterhoeven Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com
Wed Nov 29 21:49:34 EST 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 November 2006 05:14, Geoff Levand wrote:
> > Adds defconfig values for the PS3 drivers.
>
> Is this the config that users are supposed to start off with,
> or just what you use on your own machine? For general use, it

IIRC, it's what Geoff uses for his own machine.

> probably makes sense to enable a lot more modules.
>
> >  #
> > +# may also be needed; see USB_STORAGE Help for more information
> > +#
> > +# CONFIG_USB_STORAGE is not set
> > +# CONFIG_USB_LIBUSUAL is not set
>
> I would definitely enable these, at least as modules.
>
> >  #
> >  # CONFIG_EXT2_FS is not set
> > -CONFIG_EXT3_FS=y
> > -# CONFIG_EXT3_FS_XATTR is not set
> > +# CONFIG_EXT3_FS is not set
> >  # CONFIG_EXT4DEV_FS is not set
>
> No EXT3? What is the default fs?
>
> > -CONFIG_ISO9660_FS=y
> > -# CONFIG_JOLIET is not set
> > -# CONFIG_ZISOFS is not set
> > -CONFIG_UDF_FS=y
> > +# CONFIG_ISO9660_FS is not set
> > +# CONFIG_UDF_FS is not set
>
> These are also  generally useful.

Indeed, as I'm working on ps3_storage, I have EXT3, ISO9660 and UDF enabled.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven -- Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe (NSCE)
Geert.Uytterhoeven at sonycom.com ------- The Corporate Village, Da Vincilaan 7-D1