[Cbe-oss-dev] [FYI 6/27] ps3: gelic ether driver

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Nov 29 21:30:02 EST 2006

On Wednesday 29 November 2006 10:28, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> This looks very much like a copy & paste from spidernet with a different
> prefix to me.  could you try to reuse spidernet with proper bus
> abstractions?

That is the idea for the driver at the time when it will be integrated.
Unfortunately, it was branched off from spidernet about a year ago,
and both versions have seen significant changes since then, so it's
a lot of work to merge them again. Also, we have to be careful not
to break spidernet on the IBM and Toshiba platforms during the process.

I've already tried merging an older version of the gelic_net changes
into spidernet, but gave up at some point, because it became unrealistic
without hardware to test on.

	Arnd <><