[Cbe-oss-dev] firmware images

Sidney Manning sid at us.ibm.com
Sat May 27 12:57:12 EST 2006

Where I can download the firmware images for the Cell Blade.  I cannot boot
the FC5 stock kernel on the Cell Blade that I have.  System hangs right
after prom_init.  The documentation,
http://www.bsc.es/projects/deepcomputing/linuxoncell/docs/cpbwhw00.pdf
(page 21) points to a location on the IBM web site that does not list any
Cell products.

BTW: I spent many hours trying to get tftp-server to work on a FC4 system
which was going to be the install server for the blade.  I could never get
the standard version (yum installed version) to work.  I finally just built
the one from kernel.org and it worked the first time.

Thanks,

Sidney Manning -- IBM-STI Design Center Austin, TX
sid at us.ibm.com -- (512) 838-1125, TL/678-1125