[Cbe-oss-dev] Comments and questions on SPU environment

Machida, Hiroyuki machida at sm.sony.co.jp
Tue Feb 28 01:11:30 EST 2006

Hi all,

We have couple of comments and questions on current libraries on SPU side
and released  documents. I sent these to open up discussion about SPU libs
and documents.

- There are two libc; which should be used?
One is newlib distributed as a part of SPU toolchain package and other is libc
under "sample and library"  which is belonging to other package.
libm (form newlib) and libmath (from  libc under "sample and library) have same
issue. We guess that newlib is just prepared to build SPU GCC. Is it right?

- "SPU C/C++ Language Extensions" doesn't define values.
E.g. We realized  values for errno are not defined.
We guess same issues are exist and need to define their values.

- C++ support
According to "SPU C/C++ Language Extensions", we seem to have
restrictions on C++. Do we need customize version of C++ lib which
realize such restrictions and will replace libsdtc++ ?

Hiroyuki Machida		machida at sm.sony.co.jp