[Cbe-oss-dev] [RFC 0/9] Axon drivers

Jean-Christophe Dubois jdubois at mc.com
Sat Dec 23 01:31:40 EST 2006

On Thursday 21 December 2006 20:51, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 December 2006 12:13, jdubois at mc.com wrote:
> > In addition the provided code has some limitation that prevent it to be
> > integrated as is.
> > 1) the drivers are provided without comment as requested by the Axon IP
> > owner. 2) the drivers are tested on 2.6.16 (for the Cell part) as this is
> > the only kernel version that can support the actual CAB device tree. I
> > don't have yet another Axon based platform with a device tree able to
> > support 2.6.19 or later. this mean the actual code is missing some
> > features to support some new kernel feature like virtual IRQs or whatever
> > bus abstraction there might now be for the internal Axon bus.
>
> Just so I understand this correctly: Are you planning to submit the drivers
> for inclusion at a later point? I assume you are and I'd be happy to
> forward them upstream once these two issues as well as any technical
> problems we find on the way have been resolved.

Yes we would like to submit them for inclusion when the technical shortcomings
will be solved and various comments addressed. But it seems important that we
provide these drivers as is so that the linux Cell team can evaluate the
design and comment on it if something is obviously wrong or the design has
some problems for other users.