[Cbe-oss-dev] [HACK] cell: fake NUMA properties

Michael Ellerman michael at ellerman.id.au
Wed Apr 12 21:58:40 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 21:36 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 12:37 +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > This is a hack to make it possible to test NUMA behaviour on Cell Blades
> > without the proper device tree data. We simply try to add all required
> > properties to the tree if they are not already there.
> >
> > This patch is highly nonportably and generally just a bad idea. Don't
> > even think about using it on production systems ;-).
>
> Please do that in prom_init instead :) Easier place to add properties
> and at least this way, they'll survive accross kexec...

Kexec grabs the properties from /proc/device-tree, so this will still
work for kexec. And I told Arnd to do it later 'cause it'd be easier :D

cheers

--
Michael Ellerman
IBM OzLabs

wwweb: http://michael.ellerman.id.au
phone: +61 2 6212 1183 (tie line 70 21183)

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children. - S.M.A.R.T Person