[c-lightning] CLN Release: v0.12.1 - Web 8 init (dot one)

lisa neigut niftynei at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 04:45:54 AEST 2022

Hi all,

We'd like to announce the 0.12.1 release[1] of core-lightning, named by
@adi2011.

This is a point release with a few bug fixes and build improvements: it's a
recommended upgrade from 0.12.0, with no new features.

For a list of differences, please see [v0.12.0..v0.12.1](
https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/compare/v0.12.0...v0.12.1).

## Highlights for Users

- Now with fewer bugs!
- Topology plugin could crash when it sees duplicate private channel
announcements.
- `getinfo` no longer displays unannounced addresses; shows correct port
for discovered IP addresses.
- Newly created channels sometimes were inexplicably disconnected, this has
been fixed!

## Highlights for the Network

- Bad gossip store reads and gossip propagation fixed.

## Highlights for Developers

- Reliance on `mako` and `mrkd` python libraries has been removed.

Since v0.12.0 we've had 26 commits from 5 different contributors over 29
days.

~ @niftynei, Christian, and Rusty

[1] https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/releases/tag/v0.12.1