[c-lightning] PSBTs in CL

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Sat May 1 13:53:02 AEST 2021

Eugene Siegel <elzeigel at gmail.com> writes:
> Hi, I would ask this on IRC but for some reason I can't successfully send
> messages.
>
> Anyways,
> In lnd, we did not verify funding PSBTs only used segwit inputs (but now do
> as of https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lnd/pull/5165).  I know that
> c-lightning also has PSBTs, is this something that's checked?

Hmm, excellent question!

There are two cases in c-lightning: one is where you provide a PSBT for
a standard funding transaction, and the other is where you add an input
for dual-funding.  It would be nice to sanity check the former, and
require it in the spec for the latter.

I've opened an issue to track this, and assigned it to Lisa:

https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/issues/4500

Thanks!
Rusty.