[c-lightning] [Release] v0.9.2: "Now with 0-of-N Multisig"
niftynei at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 05:10:36 AEDT 2020
We're pleased to announce the 0.9.2 release
c-lightning, named by Sergi Delgado.
This is a significant release with new CLI-level notifications, better
channel state reporting, and stable plugin-hook call ordering.
Note that as of this release c-lightning-generated **PSBTs** are only
considered valid by bitcoind **v0.20.1** and above.
**Did you know**: c-lightning deprecates features with 6 months warning,
and you can set `allow-deprecated-apis=false` to test?
## Highlights for Users
* We now keep track of channel closure rationales. Wonder "why did my
channel close" no more. All channel state changes are now listed in
* *NEW* CLI/RPC notifications! Tired of waiting for `close` to finish
without getting any updates? With notifications, the `close` command will
publish notifications (think CLI status updates) for slow closes. Must have
`allow-deprecated-apis` set to false for these to work.
* New optional argument `commitment_feerate` on the `multifundchannel`
command. This is useful for setting one feerate for the funding transaction
and another for the channel commitment transactions.
* Two new commands added to `hsmtool`!
* `generatehsm` allows you to create an HSM `hsm_secret` from a BIP39
pass phrase. (Note that due to c-lightning's current seed derivation
process, wallet addresses aren't standard 'BIP39 to BIP32' compliant. Which
is a fancy way of saying your pass phrase isn't portable to other,
* `dumponchaindescriptors` will output the xpub for the HD wallet
master key. This will let you track _swept_ c-lightning wallet funds --
anchor outputs and unswept channel outputs won't be visible until swept.
* The starting feerate for mutual closes has been reduced to 'slow', to
* In-memory log buffer now is 10MB, down from 100MB.
## Highlights for the Network
* We no longer support receiving full gossip from ancient LND nodes
* Fixed re-transmission order of multiple new HTLCS. This was causing
channel closures with LND.
## Highlights for Developers
* Plugin hook call ordering. Hooks can now specify that they must be
called 'before' or 'after' other plugins.
* pyln-client will handle and send RPC command notifications.
* pyln-proto now includes a pure python implementation of the sphinx onion
creation and processing.
* PostgresSQL key-value DSNs now supported.
* Plugin hook `htlc_accepted` can now return a custom `failure_onion`.
More details can be found at
Thanks to everyone for their contributions and bug reports; please keep
Since 0.9.1, we've had 321 commits from 15 different authors over ~58 days,
an average commit rate of 5.5344 commits per day.
A special thanks goes to the 4 first time contributors:
* YOSHIDA Masanori @siburu
* Jordi Montes @positiveblue
Lisa, Christian, Rusty, ZmnSCPxj
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the c-lightning