[c-lightning] v0.8.2 Scaling the Ethereum Blockchain
niftynei at gmail.com
Fri May 1 10:25:37 AEST 2020
We're pleased to announce the 0.8.2 release of c-lightning, named by
This is a minor release and includes a few new and experimental features,
as well as bug-fixes and performance wins.
Highlights for Users
- New config option --large-channels (also known as 'wumbo') which
enables opening channels of any size. (Note that your peer must also
support large channels.)
- This release includes a keysend plugin, which will enable receiving
'keysend' payments, as first introduced by Lightning Labs
<https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lnd/pull/3795>. Note that the
included keysend plugin is receive only for this release. Nodes which do
not want the hassle of spontaneous unrequested payments should add
'disable-plugin=keysend' to their config!
- We'll now announce multiple connection endpoints for a single 'type',
e.g. multiple IPv4 addresses.
- A new FAQ
- Big performance improvment in the pay command (~1s speedup on average)
Highlights for the Network
- c-lightning nodes can now participate in creating larger channels
(with the --large-channel config option).
- We now wait until the first payment through a channel before updating
the feerate; this should help with some spurious closures at channel open
or re-connect that were occurring against older versions of other
Highlights for Developers
- A new command getsharedsecret for getting the BOLT-compliant shared
secret finding for a node and a point.
- The API for the 'Bitcoin backend' plugin infrastructure has been
- Facilities for building rendez-vous compatible onions has been added
to the onion devtool
- Plugin options will now respect the type they were given in the
- Fixes with plugin cleanups and hangs.
- Python2 has been removed as a dependence.
More details can be found at
Thanks to everyone for their contributions and bug reports; please keep
Since 0.8.1, we've had 236 commits from 10 different authors, with 2 first
- Dr. Maxim Orlovsky @dr-orlovsky <https://github.com/dr-orlovsky>
- Dave Scotese @dscotese <https://github.com/dscotese>
Lisa, Christian, Rusty, and ZmnSCPxj
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the c-lightning