[c-lightning] [RELEASE] c-lightning 0.8.1: "Channel to the Moon"

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Tue Feb 18 10:30:58 AEDT 2020

We're pleased to announce 0.8.1, named by @vasild (who last release was
a new committer!)

        https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/releases/tag/v0.8.1

*Highlights for Users*

- We now support gifting msat to the peer when opening a channel, via
  push_msat, providing a brand new way to lose money!

- Invoice routehints can be overridden using exposeprivatechannels: try
  setting to [] to eliminate all of them to fit your invoice in twitter
  messages!

- Preliminary support for plugins hooks which can replace the default
  bitcoin-cli with other blockchain querying methods (API may change in
  future releases though!).

Highlights for the Network

- Plugins can set additional feature bits, for more experimentation.

- Wallet withdraw transactions now set nLocktime, making them blend in
  more with other wallets.

- Prevent a case where grossly unbalanced channels could become unusable.

More details can be found in

        https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/blob/v0.8.1/CHANGELOG.md

Thanks to everyone for their contributions and bug reports; please keep
them coming!

Since 0.8.0 we've had 257 commits from 17 different authors, with 5
first-time contributors:

    Niklas Claesson @NickeZ
    @minidisk1147
    Ken Sedgwick @ksedgwic