[c-lightning] Replicated backups

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Fri May 31 02:37:39 AEST 2019

Good morning William,

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Friday, May 31, 2019 12:27 AM, William Casarin <jb55 at jb55.com> wrote:

> ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com writes:
>
> > Good morning Christian,
>
> > It will always remain a possibility in Lightning to close channels
> > unilaterally using some sequence of transactions, and that is what we
> > can focus on in the channel state interface, and proper versioning can
> > be used in the channel state JSON data if we need to change the format
> > of the channel state JSON data. But in any case, I myself am satisfied
> > with FS-level replication strategies, so good luck in your endeavors
> > and feel free to ignore me. Building is more important than arguing.
>
> I think there's room for many possible designs here depending on the use
> cases. Luckily the plugin system will give us the flexibility to
> experiment with these designs. I wouldn't say we're ignoring you, just
> exploring our options.

This is not my intended interpretation of that sequence of characters.
My intended interpretation is that "I think this is wrong, but I could be wrong instead, so I would still like to see you try, ignore my griping and carry on."
It is ***not*** my intent to give the impression "I think you are ignoring me, so I will no longer engage in this discussion."

Thus, "building is more important than arguing".

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj