[c-lightning] Welcoming a New C-lightning Core Team Member!

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Tue Feb 27 17:27:29 AEDT 2018

ZmnSCPxj <ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com> writes:
> Good morning,
>
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/lightning-dev/2018-February/001054.html
>
> Is this considered desirable?  I am having some difficulty setting up GPG satisfactorily, but I can try to make an effort if this is deemed necessary.

It goes give us protection against GitHub (or our GH accounts) being
compromised.  Basically it provides some assurance that your code came
via your machine.

But it's only sane if it's completely automated, which means git hooks.
I haven't ever set it up before either.

> Alternatively, you could just revoke my commit access.

It's nothing to do with you, AFAICT.  And I'm more worried about
mistakes than sabotage anyway.

I'm not losing sleep over this :)

Cheers,
Rusty.