[Auugps] Changes to org.au eligibility

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Sat Jan 16 09:26:20 AEDT 2021

On Friday, 15 January 2021 at 18:42:52 +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> I have had a look at a few possibilities one of which is to have Linux
> Australia as the registrant of clug.org.au and auug.org.au, but for
> them to leave control of the domains with "us" (mostly me at the moment
> :-)).
>
> Alternatively, I could look at making the Canberra Linux Users Group
> some sort of incorporated entity (which, I am told, is not too bad) and
> retain the domains under that ownership..

It's not quite clear what effect that would have on the domain name.
Is AuDA happy with, say, an incorporated CLUG registering auug.org.au?
Looking at the Cc: addresses on this mail, it looks as if some more
rigourous shakeup is needed, not just for AUUG.

If anything needs to be incorporated, how about an umbrella
organization that would cover both CLUG and AUUG, and thus not imply
some kind of hierarchy?

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.