[Auugps] Changes to org.au eligibility

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Fri Jan 15 18:42:52 AEDT 2021

Hi all,

For those that don't know, AuDA has changed the rules for eligibility
to register an org.au domain.  You now (from April 12) need to be an
incorporated non-profit or registered with the Charity's commission (or
a few other possibilities) non of which we fulfil currently.

I have had a look at a few possibilities one of which is to have Linux
Australia as the registrant of clug.org.au and auug.org.au, but for
them to leave control of the domains with "us" (mostly me at the moment
:-)).

Alternatively, I could look at making the Canberra Linux Users Group
some sort of incorporated entity (which, I am told, is not too bad) and
retain the domains under that ownership..

Comments?
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell