[Auugps] [AUUG-Talk]: Last call: dealing with two boxes of AUUG documents and photos from Christopher Vance

Kevin Dawson hal at kd.net.au
Fri Jul 10 12:38:49 AEST 2020

G'day all.  Long time, etc.

On Wed, Jul 08, 2020 at 04:43:04PM +1000, Lawrie.Brown at canb.auug.org.au wrote:
> All the AUUGNs have been scanned already.

Are you sure?  Looking at the list of AUUGNs on Google books, there are many gaps.

During a recent rationalisation process, I saw I still have a range of AUUGNs.  I even noticed one of the old "2 sheets of (probably hand-typed) news" from before it became a journal.  They're all back in a box somewhere, but not disposed of because I wanted to (one day) correlate what I have with what's already online and submit what isn't.

Regarding digital storage, what sort of space is required?  If David is asking for backups to his data centre proposal, I would imagine that any number of us could find a few spare gigabytes if that is all that is required.  Some (including me) would even be able to make it accessible online, albeit at somewhat slow speeds.

If all this is unnecessary (at least on my part), let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin