[Auugps] [AUUG-Talk]: Last call: dealing with two boxes of AUUG documents and photos from Christopher Vance

Lawrie.Brown at canb.auug.org.au Lawrie.Brown at canb.auug.org.au
Wed Jul 8 16:43:04 AEST 2020

Hi Greg, Steve, David & All

The AUUG website and email handling are still live on the ozlabs server,
run by Stephen Rothwell & friends. I have an account there (and can
update the AUUG areas).

I would think it likely we could store any scanned documents there.

Indeed, sometime we need to probably tweak the website to make it clear
AUUG is history, but show the old website and any other content we have.
Including links to the scanned material at Google.

My take on what to save would be just things that are of historical
interest, and aren't already in electronic form. So photos etc should
def be scanned. All the AUUGNs have been scanned already. I'm less sure
if things like committee minutes are really needed, but others can say
if feel differently. An inventory of whats there is liekly needed to
make an informed choice.

Cheers
Lawrie