[Auugps] [AUUG-Talk]: [Fwd: [Webmaster]: Aussie overseas inquiring about AUUG]

Frank Crawford frank at crawford.emu.id.au
Tue Sep 8 19:12:41 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 11:50 +1000, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> Not wanting to dampen people's enthusiasm, but I'd like to remind
> people that the reason AUUG died was lack of commitment.  In terms of
> publications, AUUGN died because the only people who did *anything* in
> the last couple of years were you and I, and I had made it clear from
> the start that it would be a temporary thing.  I'd love to see this
> happen (and if things get under way, and people who don't contribute
> financially to the successor organization are still welcome), then I'd
> be happy to help.  In that connection I'd point out that I did the
> complete production of my last book, and O'Reilly only printed it.
> But I'm not holding my breath.

Yep, I understand that, and none of this will happen if there aren't a
few volunteers to start with.  This is a lot more work than a single
AUUGN, but it is just once per year, and hopefully it can rotate a bit.
It is more like the efforts by the Conference Program Chair, and we
could usually con someone into that.  Of course, as I said, no
volunteers and nothing happens.

Frank