[Auugps] Initial pass at AUUGPS rules

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Tue Aug 11 22:53:09 EST 2009

Hi all,

This has been a long time coming, sorry.  I would like any suggestions -
feel free to disagree with me.  This is also just a start - further
contributions welcome.

What follows is not very formal.  We could make it more so if people
think we need to - this would be required if we have to incorporate, of
course.

Purpose of the Society:

To preserve the assets of AUUG if the members of AUUG decide to
dissolve their organisation or if they choose to vest such assets with
the society.  In particular, we are concerned with the electronic assets
(web site, mailing lists and other archives).  There may be other assets
of historical interest that we may preserve as well.

Membership:

Anyone who agrees with the purpose of the society may be a member.  It is
expected that most members will also be current or past members of AUUG.

There will be two types of members - contributing and associate.
Contributing members are those who contribute in some way to the work
of the society e.g. paying for something or doing day to day
administration.  Associate members are everyone else, actually determined
by the membership of the auugps at lists.ozlabs.org mailing list.

Committee:

The society will be run by its committee which will be elected from the
contributing members.  There will be a president, secretary and
treasurer and some number or ordinary committee members (these do not
have to be distinct people as we expect the society to be small - in fact
the committee could well just be all the contributing members).

The committee will decide what is considered to be contributing (for the
purposes or membership).

The associate members will be advisers to whom the committee may
listen, but the committee really has to make any decisions necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/