[Auugps] [AUUG-Talk]: Re: AUUGPS and AUUG status

Greg 'groggy' Lehey Greg.Lehey at auug.org.au
Thu Oct 30 13:39:18 EST 2008

On Thursday, 30 October 2008 at 11:27:03 +1100, Christopher Vance wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 11:08:13AM +1100, Lawrie Brown wrote:
>
> One reason I believe the last few boards have been so paralysed is the
> lack of face to face meetings, and the lack of ability to coordinate
> regular meeting times, even by teleconference.

No, I disagree.  The paralysis went much further back, to the time
when we were having regular FTF meetings.

> Having a group of people who can actually meet together occasionally
> make it more likely that things will happen, but AUUG doesn't have
> the funds to fly people in regularly from all over to make that
> happen.

We've already established that there are very few people willing to
carry on.  Limiting them to any one place is going to make the
available pool even smaller.  I'd rather explore the teleconference
idea if that's important to people.  My personal feeling, since I
joined the AUUG board in 2000, was that we should have been making
much more use of email.

Greg