[Auugps] Incorporation

Karl Auer kauer at biplane.com.au
Mon Oct 27 15:29:41 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 15:09 +1100, Christopher Vance wrote:
> The only advantage I see in closing down the Victoria Inc and starting
> an ACT Inc is that you might escape the years of neglect of

I'm not interested in keeping AUUG alive. I think it's been dead for
some time. A few people are pumping the corpse because they loved what
it was.

That said, some of its outputs, like AUUGN and whatnot, and especially
the many email addresses that people still use, are worth keeping, and
it's a reasonably simple thing to define. That's what I'm prepared to
help with. Although to be honest I'm already having second thoughts, as
this whole thing seems to be readying itself to go around again!

> I think a better choice might be finding an existing organization
> willing to take instructions from an AUUGPS member, and transfer the
> domain there. That way you can skip incorporating AUUGPS altogether.

That offer has already been made, I thought?

> It looks more and more that the only reason to kill off AUUG is that
> the membership fees are too high.

The real reason is that no-one knows what AUUG is *for* any more. They
want to keep it, but they don't know why...

> Would you be prepared to sit on the board long
> enough to clean up the constitution?

What's wrong with the constitution?

Regards, K.

Karl Auer (kauer at biplane.com.au)                   +61-2-64957160 (h)

GPG fingerprint: DD23 0DF3 2260 3060 7FEC 5CA8 1AF6 D9E3 CFEE 6B28