Announcing yaboot 1.3.15 and 1.3.16

Markus Baertschi markus at markus.org
Tue Jul 20 01:59:14 EST 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com>wrote:

> Hmm okay, Looking at the Changelog it's currently basically a dump of the
> git
> commit history.  Is that helpful?  I'd expect most people on the -devel
> list
> would has access to git and they certainly have access to:
>        http://git.ozlabs.org/?p=yaboot.git;a=summary
>
> What would people like to see in the Changelog?

It depends, there are times where I just want to know roughly what
changed, mostly to see if there is a nice new feature making it worth
to upgrade.
Other times I have a gripe, open bug, which would not a make it into
the summary kind of information above, then I'd need the detailed info.
This can come out of the git commit log.

For the CPAN tool I maintain in git I've written a small utility to extract
the change log from git and I ship this as changes file. (attached)

Markus

--
  Markus Baertschi             Phone: ++41 (21) 807 1677
  Bas du Rossé 16             Fax  : ++41 (21) 807 1678
  CH-1163, Etoy                Email: markus at markus.org
  Switzerland                  Homepage: www.markus.org