[Pettycoin-dev] Protocol break: test network now running alpha02 branch.

Rusty Russell rusty at rustcorp.com.au
Mon Sep 15 23:44:41 EST 2014

Hi all,

        TLDR: upgrade your client, network has reset.

        I didn't plan on moving to alpha02 until I had merge mining
working, so all the protocol breakage was done at once.  Unfortunately
there was a sync bug which caused new nodes to fail to catch up:
the alpha02 branch changed how sync worked, so I decided to release
it early.

That means there will be another break for alpha03, which I wanted
to avoid.  But that won't be out for at least 5 weeks, as I am
on vacation from 18th September to 11th October.  I'll peer into
the network occasionally, but there'll be little support.

Watch out for bug https://github.com/rustyrussell/pettycoin/issues/32
but if your node stops updating, restarting it should fix.

Thanks!
Rusty.