Regarding how to build OpenBMC with LibSPDM And I2ctools

Amutha Krishnasamy amutha.krishnasamy at montage-tech.com
Tue Sep 26 04:55:54 AEST 2023

Hi,

This is Amutha Krishnasamy <https://github.com/amuthakrishnasamy>  from Montage technologies https://www.montage-tech.com/DDR5_SPD_PMIC_TS/M88SPD5118

Currently, I am working on adding Device authentication feature for eSPD(enhanced Serial Presence Detect) device which is under development.

I am trying to add BMC as requestor support using LibSPDM (https://github.com/DMTF/libspdm.git) in OpenBMC sources.

As I am new to BMC, I need help to understand how to add libSPDM library to openBMC source.

Please share if you have the steps to add any new library to openBMC sources or please point me to the resources to check.

Also, I would like to know how to rebuild the i2c-tools https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/i2c-tools/i2c-tools.git/ (used in the intel openBMC source) and what are the tools used for this build.

I tried to build i2ctools with https://developer.arm.com/downloads/-/arm-gnu-toolchain-downloads - x86_64 Linux hosted cross toolchains - AArch64 GNU/Linux target (aarch64-none-linux-gnu)

arm-gnu-toolchain-12.3.rel1-x86_64-aarch64-none-linux-gnu.tar.xz. This created a binary and when used the binary I could not execute and getting Execute format error.

Please let me know if you have any info on how to build the i2ctools to run on openBMC system.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Amutha