SPDM support in BMCWeb/D-Bus

Zhichuang Sun zhichuang at google.com
Sat Sep 2 09:38:07 AEST 2023

Hi there,

I'm working on adding SPDM support in BMCWeb and D-Bus. I started with an
initial design doc and proposed new D-Bus interfaces as follows:

- https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/+/64354
- https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/docs/+/64994

Background:
SPDM, or Security Protocol and Data Model (
https://www.dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP0274_1.3.0.pdf)
is a DMTF standard which defines the standard messages and protocol for
device authentication, firmware integrity and hardware configuration
measurement. Redfish added support for SPDM with a new schema called
ComponentIntegrity (
https://redfish.dmtf.org/schemas/v1/ComponentIntegrity.v1_2_1.json).

Adding support for SPDM in BMCWeb will allow a remote user to attest device
identity using SPDM protocol via Redfish API. It helps with device security
management in data centers.

Any feedback on the design or D-Bus interfaces are welcome :)

Thanks,
Zhichuang