D-bus model proposal for pay for access features - LicenseService at OpenBMC

Sunitha Harish sunithaharish04 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 16:42:35 AEDT 2023

On 20-10-2023 10:36, Andrew Jeffery wrote:
> On Thu, 2023-10-19 at 15:56 +0530, Sunitha Harish wrote:
>> More over this new meta-oe work will turn out to be costly.
> It's a bit of a tangent, but I have to ask: What's the basis for the
> assertion that adding a recipe to meta-openembedded or some other
> upstream layer will be costly? That's not at all my experience or
> expectation.
>
> Andrew
We are not planning to have a license SERVER at BMC, which will
interpret and process the licenses. There is no usecase for us to do one
in near future as well. Only need is to add a way at BMC which can
enable user to upload the license by implementing the LicenseService
schemas. Considering that, i mentioned that this will be costly for me.