webui by default in openbmc images

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Sat Oct 7 11:01:53 AEDT 2023

On Thu, Sep 21, 2023 at 11:56:50AM -0500, Andrew Geissler wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I was adding a new system recently and wanted to add the webui into
> it. Doing a quick search[1]
> showed a lot of people adding it in via a RDEPENDS on some other
> unrelated feature.
>
> It felt like something that deserved its own openbmc feature and
> should be in our images by default.
> The following commit does just that:
>   https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/66675

The way this was attempted in the above commit does exempt webui-vue from
the image by default but it still ends up as a build-time dependency.
This prevents the images from being built in a disconnected mode, which
is one of the primary reasons that people have previously not wanted it
in by default.

I've given this another attempt.

- Enable webui-vue by default everywhere:
    - https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/66954
- Add a DISTRO_FEATURE that allows people to opt-out:
    - https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/66950/1
- Opt-out meta-facebook and meta-google:
    - https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/66951/1
    - https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/66952/1
- A bunch of clean ups:
    - https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/66955/1
    - https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/66956/1
    - https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/66957/1
    - https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/66958/1

If I've missed anyone that really wants to opt-out of webui, you can
either let me know or make a trivial change to mimic the two
(meta-facebook and meta-google) I've referenced above.

--
Patrick Williams