Getting error: could not open device at /dev/ipmi0

preeti joseph preetieljoseph at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 03:21:43 AEST 2023

Hello,

I am booting Open BMC on Intel's DDR5 server motherboard Eaglelake with
Saphire Rapid processor.
Selected target hardware as evb_ast2600 using command . setup evb_ast2600.
Build command used is "bitbake obmc_phosphor_image"

Though Open BMC is booting to shell on this platform, I am unable to use
IPMI tools. This is the error I am getting: "could not open device at
/dev/ipmi0 or /dev/ipmi/0 or /dev/ipmidev/0". Also, in the BIOS setup menu,
BMC interface is not detected.
If I boot the default Intel Open BMC that came along with the board, I am
able to access the IPMI device.

Please advise if it could be any configuration issue.

Thank you,
Preeti Joseph