openbmc/telemetry: First complaint of unresponsiveness

Andrew Jeffery andrew at codeconstruct.com.au
Mon Dec 18 10:54:00 AEDT 2023

Hello Adrian, Jozef, and Cezary,

A complaint has been raised to the Technical Oversight Forum that as
maintainers you collectively have not responded to several patches for
openbmc/telemetry in a reasonable timeframe.

Some time ago the project defined constraints on timeliness for
reviews. This helps to set expectations for both contributors and
maintainers. Maintainers are expected to find time to provide feedback
on patches inside one month of them being pushed to Gerrit. Upon
complaint, missing this deadline forms one count of unresponsiveness.
If a subproject's maintainers receive three complaints of
unresponsiveness in a 12 month period then the Technical Oversight
Forum will seek to introduce new maintainers to the subproject.

This is the first notice of a complaint of unresponsiveness for
openbmc/telemetry.

This notice is copied to the OpenBMC mailing list to provide community
visibility. We need the process to be both public and archived to make
sure we are clear and accountable in our communication.

Further details and considerations of this policy are defined at the
link below:

https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/process/subproject-maintainership.md

The complaint regarding openbmc/telemetry at:

https://github.com/openbmc/technical-oversight-forum/issues/32

The specific patches identified by the complaint are:

1. 64867: build: upgrade to C++23
   https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/telemetry/+/64867

2. 67240: clang-format: copy latest and re-format
   https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/telemetry/+/67240

3. 66007: meson_options.txt: Support for reading options from meson.options
   https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/telemetry/+/66007

If you are unable to continue with your maintenance role for
openbmc/telemetry then please work with the community identify others
who are capable and willing. When doing so, please consider the
expectations set out in the community membership documentation:

https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/community-membership.md

On behalf of the Technical Oversight Forum,

Andrew