OpenBMC Linux 6.6

Quan Nguyen quan at os.amperecomputing.com
Fri Dec 8 14:54:49 AEDT 2023

Hi Joel,

We do have some pending patches for upstream, but unfortunately, they
have not been merged yet. By the way, I'd like to list them here and
hope to get more comments.

1.
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20231130072849.3075741-1-quan@os.amperecomputing.com/
There is no feature change on this patch, just a minor change so that,
in the case of the bmc ssif message abortion, the annoying printout is
limited.

2.
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20231208033142.1673232-3-quan@os.amperecomputing.com/
This series is to fix some issues found on the i2c-aspeed driver. This
version is new and was posted just after I'm confident with the test
results on ast2500 and ast2600.
My special thanks to Andrew, whose comment made the code look much
better than my original version.

3.
https://lore.kernel.org/all/20231130075247.3078931-1-quan@os.amperecomputing.com/
We do see significant improvement with this patch, which is just to
simply requeue the mctp packet if, somehow, the i2c core returns with
-EAGAIN (arbitration lost). Jeremy has not agreed yet, but I'd like to
list it here to see more comments.

Thanks a lot in advance.
- Quan