Security Working Group meeting - regular meetings discontinued

Joseph Reynolds jrey at linux.ibm.com
Tue Aug 29 05:56:24 AEST 2023

OpenBMC community,

I am discontinuing the OpenBMC Security Working Group meetings. About a
year ago, these meetings moved to Discord voice and project's open
security work moved to the Discord security channel. As intended, the
content of the voice meeting has significantly reduced as the discussion
increased in the Discord security channel.  Attendance and topics have
fallen to zero.  So it is time to discontinue having regular meetings.
Thanks to everyone who helped move the project forward during this time!

As a direct consequence, the meeting agenda and minutes will no longer
be appended:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b7x9BaxsfcukQDqbvZsU2ehMq4xoJRQvLxxsDUWmAOI
Instead of this wiki, please use the Discord OpenBMC security channel
for this discussion.

To discuss OpenBMC security topics on Discord.
- first join Discord via https://discord.gg/69Km47zH98
- then go to the Discord OpenBMC server:
https://discord.com/channels/775381525260664832
- and browse to the #security channel - or any other appropriate channel.

Also feel free to email questions to the community.

If you need to talk to someone so you can move forward, please use the
regular security channel to schedule a call on the Discord OpenBMC
Security voice channel.  (NOTE: This is a voice channel, different from
the regular security channel.) See Discord > OpenBMC > Voice channels >
Security ~
https://discord.com/channels/775381525260664832/1002376534377635860
^^ Typically used only for discussion about the voice channel itself.

Note the OpenBMC project's security wiki is here:
https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/wiki/Security-working-group
I don't have any plans to change this wiki, and I wish for the security
assurance work it outlines to continue.

To *privately* report a security vulnerability to the project (or think
you want to ask about reporting such as vulnerability), please do not
use public channels.  Instead follow the process here:
https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/security/how-to-report-a-security-vulnerability.md

Yours truly,
Joseph Reynolds