Upstreaming Nuvoton EMC (100 Mbit Ethernet MAC Controller) support

Jonathan Neuschäfer j.neuschaefer at gmx.net
Sat Apr 29 05:15:08 AEST 2023

Hello Avi and others,

in my ongoing project to support the Nuvoton WPCM450 BMC in mainline
Linux, I have reached the point where the next useful step would be
Ethernet support. The WPCM450 contains a Nuvoton EMC, which is also used
in some older Winbond SoCs, and newer Nuvoton NPCM7xx BMCs.

In my downstream branch I have a EMC driver based on the W90P910
Ethernet driver that was part of mainline Linux in the past but has
since been removed. My version of the driver is heavily refactored,
though.

Nuvoton's downstream repository[1] also contains a EMC driver, albeit a
different one.

Is the Nuvoton BMC team interested in upstreaming EMC support at the
moment?

Best regards,
Jonathan

[1]: https://github.com/Nuvoton-Israel/linux