smbios-mdrv1

Vernon Mauery vernon.mauery at linux.intel.com
Wed Apr 26 07:41:24 AEST 2023

On 14-Apr-2023 06:52 PM, Tunc Doygun wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We are trying to communicate BMC with bios that supports smbios-mdrv1.
>We have built the mdrv1 code in Intel's
>https://github.com/Intel-BMC/provingground/tree/master/services/smbios
>repo in yocto.We included intel-ipmi-oem project into image. We
>enabled kcs3 0xCA2 in dts. But we could not communicate. Is there
>anything else we should do?

If you are pulling from the latest intel-ipmi-oem, you will see that we
have removed the MDRv1 commands because we no longer use them (we use
the MDRv2 commands instead). So you may need to check that. I don't know
when the MDRv1 commands were last supported; I don't think we have used
them for a while, which is why they finally got removed.

--Vernon