return error on property changes

Francine Sauvage francine.sauvage at atos.net
Sun Apr 23 18:29:03 AEST 2023

Hi,
I cannot implement the following use case:

>From bmcweb code, I set RequestedPowerTransition.
>From requestedPowerTransition (phosphor-state-manager) code , I have a bad condition and I reject the transition.

==> How can I throw something (error code, exception ?) back to bmcweb in order to know what happened exactly ?

I was not able to add a "exceptions:" part in yaml around a property to create and throw a specific exception while getting / setting a property, like I did with methods.

I need to declare (and return) an exception while a property is changing, especially when the transition is not accepted.

I have an old version of openbmc, it may be solved in the new version, but please tell me how to help me eventually patching the needed parts,

Best regards,
Francine

Kind Regards,
Francine Sauvage
Team Leader - BDS-RD-PFM
M: +33 (1) 6 21 43 11 21
Av. Jean Jaurès BP68 - 78340 LES CLAYES-SOUS-BOIS - France
eviden.com<https://eviden.com/>
[LinkedIn icon]<https://www.linkedin.com/in/francine-sauvage-consultant> [Twitter icon] <https://twitter.com/EvidenLive>  [Instagram icon] <https://www.instagram.com/evidenlive>  [YouTube icon] <https://www.youtube.com/@EvidenLive>  [cid:image005.png at 01D975CE.6BC3FF20] <https://github.com/frsauvage>
[Eviden logo]

an atos business