OpenBMC - Support NVMe drive health monitoring

Lior Weintraub liorw at pliops.com
Sat Apr 8 19:42:45 AEST 2023

Thanks Hao,

Do you know if there is a tool (e.g. ipmitool) that can be used to generate a basic NVMe MI command?

For example, the NVMe MI Revision 1.1 spec defines a "Management Interface Command Set" that can be used to:

Opcode                Command

00h                        Read NVMe-MI Data Structure

01h                        NVM Subsystem Health Status Poll

02h                        Controller Health Status Poll

03h                        Configuration Set

04h                        Configuration Get

05h                        VPD Read

06h                        VPD Write

07h                        Reset

08h                        SES Receive

09h                        SES Send

0Ah                        Management Endpoint Buffer Read

0Bh                        Management Endpoint Buffer Write

0Ch to BFh          Reserved

C0h to FFh           Vendor specific

If we had a tool that can send such a command it would help with the development of this feature.

The idea is to start with some manually triggered commands.

Thanks,

Lior.