Containerization Enablement in OpenBMC firmware

Ed Tanous edtanous at google.com
Wed Apr 5 02:01:56 AEST 2023

On Tue, Apr 4, 2023 at 7:25 AM Satish Yaduvanshi
<satishroyal4u at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have gone through some documentation over  internet. Firmware can be containerized to get the more benefits.  so is there any plans to containerize the OpenBMC firmware?

The best thing to do here is to elaborate what BMC-specific use cases
you're trying to fulfill, then work that backwards to a solution,
which _might_ include some form of container.  Containers have quite a
breadth of use cases, but without knowing what you're trying to
accomplish, it's very difficult to present you with a path forward on
how to proceed with your idea.  Once you've got your use cases,
there's quite a few people who would be happy to help evaluate the
technical merit of your idea.