OpenBMC Network Route Management: Metric and Static Route config support

Jiaqing Zhao jiaqing.zhao at linux.intel.com
Thu Jun 23 17:04:08 AEST 2022

Hi, Raviteja

Can you help explain the routing issue you met?

I've also met a metric-related issue. When there are 2 interfaces, one use DHCP,
the other use Static, systemd-networkd sets the metric 1024 on the DHCP-assigned
default routev (metric for static default gateway is 0), which causing peers
only reachable via the DHCP-assigned default route cannot be accessed.

And in current OpenBMC implementation, I think we should allow setting null to
Gateway of IPv4StaticAddress to not set default route on that interface.

Thanks,
Jiaqing