Discrete Sensors in OpenBMC

Wludzik, Jozef jozef.wludzik at linux.intel.com
Tue Jan 26 19:56:52 AEDT 2021

Thanks for responses. It sounds reasonable. As initial implementation
discrete threshold/trigger will allow to monitor sensor without
differentiate between type of sensor (e.g. thermal, power, voltage,
...). If anyone will require additional type of resource to be monitored
by Telemetry (e.g. intrinsic sensor to check if chassis is closed), than
it is possible to extend the implementation.

I liked the idea to stream resource events. It seems that it is the same
as discrete threshold but threshold allows to commit an action on
specific value of a resource/sensor. One of the trigger actions is
logging a Redfish Message that can be streamed as Event.

Thanks,
Jozef