Control / Operator panel support in systems

Brad Bishop bradleyb at fuzziesquirrel.com
Tue Feb 2 11:52:48 AEDT 2021

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 06:41:19AM -0600, Patrick Williams wrote:
>On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 06:58:25PM +0530, Jinu Thomas wrote:
>
>Jinu, it seems like we still have a lot of discussion to work through on
>the design[1].  Can we get that resolved before we determine what are
>the appropriate repositories for this?
>
>https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/38904

Patrick

It seemed like your major concern was using the out-of-tree
minion-mqueue driver or any other userspace i2c mechanism and I also
share that concern.

If you replace those references with an input subsystem driver, did you
have any other concerns? - thinking maybe we can work things out in
parallel a bit.

One last thought - do you have a use case for this?  I've heard about an
OCP card providing similar function - wouldn't that use our existing
IPMI over IPMB design with backend handlers - possibly OEM?  Trying to
fit that into what Jinu is working on seems like a stretch to me.
thoughts?

thx - brad