dbus-sensors: Unit property for xyz.openbmc_project.Sensor.Value interface

Andrei Kartashev a.kartashev at yadro.com
Wed Sep 16 23:28:09 AEST 2020

Hi,

We noticed that dbus-sensors doesn't fully implement
xyz.openbmc_project.Sensor.Value interface: there is no Unit property
for all the sensors, defined by dbus-sensors.
I believe it was intentionally, but I still wondering what was the
reason?
I noticed that in intel-ipmi-oem units are determined based on object
paths, but that looks ugly since there is well-defined natural
interface for units in dbus.
Lack of the "Unit" property in the interface breaks some existing
logic.

--
Best regards,
Andrei Kartashev