openBMC eMMC image support

Adriana Kobylak anoo at linux.ibm.com
Fri May 29 06:50:41 AEST 2020

On 2020-05-28 11:45, Bodireddy, Vikram wrote:
> Thanks Adriana.
>
> I will ping you on IRC. Can you please add me and Surya to all of the
> eMMC reviews.

Done.

> Do we have any document on the image build changes that needed for
> eMMC?

The design doc alludes to the changes needed but does not exactly spell
out what files need to be created/changed -
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/28443

Most of the build changes are now up in gerrit for review. Leave a
comment if you have any questions or feedback.

In summary:
u-boot: Pending.
kernel: fitImage as a file in first partition mmcblk0p1 configured as an
ext4 filesystem mounted on /boot/
user space: device mappers in second partition mmcblk0p2

Secure boot will be addressed at a future iteration.