power capping values on dbus

Zbyszek zbigniewku at gmail.com
Wed May 27 20:26:47 AEST 2020

wt., 26 maj 2020 o 15:01 Adrian Ambrożewicz
<adrian.ambrozewicz at linux.intel.com> napisał(a):

> I don't think it's clear from your message what you are trying to achieve:
> a) ability to expose power capping information as dbus-sensor just as
> read-only information
> b) ability to set the cap through D-Bus interface
>
> I suspect it's the former (just exposing data). If that's so I don't
> think you need any new interface at all. You could just add a 'Cap'
> sensor, eg Cpu0PowerCap and all the values fits nicely.

Yes, that is exactly what I want to achieve :)
Your solution sound very good, it will allow me to expose power
capping information
without any modifications to dbus-interfaces at all.
I will soon push some implementation to review under dbus-sensor.
Thanks.