Adding usb-ctrl from intel-bmc into phosphor-misc

Wang, Kuiying kuiying.wang at intel.com
Wed May 27 18:41:01 AEST 2020

Hi Lei,
What’s your final purpose for this?

Now we already have KCS between host and bmc.

Thanks,
Kwin.

郁雷 yulei.sh at bytedance.com<mailto:openbmc%40lists.ozlabs.org?Subject=Re%3A%20Adding%20usb-ctrl%20from%20intel-bmc%20into%20phosphor-misc&In-Reply-To=%3CCAGm54UEDRmEQVQ-WaRiUa%2BfpxL0UUe-OZ4rwRZHVLTUJBZZb%3DA%40mail.gmail.com%3E>
Wed May 27 13:07:45 AEST 2020

There is a script [usb-ctrl][1] hosted in intel-bmc.

It supports the VirtualMedia feature by insert/eject files to the host

as a USB mass-storage device.

Comparing to the existing [state_hook][2] in jsnbd, it supports

multiple UDCs, so it supports mount multiple files.

In addition, I have some updates on the usb-ctrl script to make it

support the USB ECM device, which creates a USB ethernet device

between BMC and the host.

So my proposal is to add the `usb-ctrl` script into the phosphor-misc

repo so that it gets reviewed and could be used by upstream.

Any ideas?

[1]: https://github.com/Intel-BMC/openbmc/blob/intel/meta-openbmc-mods/meta-common/recipes-core/fw-update/files/usb-ctrl

[2]: https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-phosphor/aspeed-layer/recipes-connectivity/jsnbd/jsnbd/state_hook

--