About FRU

Wang, Kuiying kuiying.wang at intel.com
Wed May 27 17:58:32 AEST 2020

Hi Harley,
You could add json configuration file for your device into entity-manager as below:
https://github.com/openbmc/entity-manager/tree/master/configurations

Thanks,
Kwin.

Hello everyone,

       My motherboard has an EEPROM device to store FRU related information. How can I configure it in the openbmc configuration file to see this FRU information through the ipmitool fru print command?

Are there some examples to provide reference, I did not find a place to configure the eeprom device in the openbmc project?

Is there any documentation about FRU indicating that the module reads and parses information from eeprom, and then it can be read by the ipmitool fru print command? What is the process like?

Thanks
Harley