phosphor-ipmi-flash state recovery

Patrick Voelker Patrick_Voelker at phoenix.com
Sat May 23 08:57:48 AEST 2020

Do you have a timeline for upstreaming your changes?

10 minutes seems rather excessive for a session timeout.  I’d prefer to see it set to something more like 30 seconds except for the update process itself if it involves writing to flash.

Alternately, what would you think of this option?

·         Add a ‘force’ command line override to burn_my_bmc that would cause it to attempt to obtain the current SessionID and do a close on it if the specified image is already active.

·         On the BMC side, I’d need to a method to obtain the session ID for a blob. It’d have been perfect to return that in BmcBlobStat’s response but maybe a new command called BmcBlobSession would be appropriate?