Upstream Yocto Bringing in GCC 10

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Fri May 22 10:36:22 AEST 2020

> On May 17, 2020, at 7:08 PM, Patrick Williams <patrick at stwcx.xyz> wrote:
>
> On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 12:19:39PM -0500, Andrew Geissler wrote:
>> Ready or not, this weeks upstream update brought in GCC 10 (along with the normal slew of new packages).
>
> Alright!  The great thing about GCC 10.x is that it brings in support
> for most of C++20, including co-routines.  Looking forward to playing
> around with it.

It took a few more patches but GCC 10 is now in openbmc master.
Our unit test CI framework has also been updated to run with GCC 10.

We also migrated from clang-8 to clang-10 in CI so you may want
to take a look at a recommended clang format update in this commit:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/32696

You may see some new CI fails with your existing code. It could be
the clang format noted above or some code that is not exercised
as a part of our normal machine builds. If you hit an issue, it’s
probably been fixed somewhere in our code base already so
browse over this commit list for your issue:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/q/topic:%22upstream%22+(status:open%20OR%20status:merged)

There were a lot of include related issues where you just need
to include the needed header files.

Andrew